Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cora's nursery

I decided I really liked the Secret Garden questions from August, so I'm going to answer them too.

If you created a bedroom for your baby tell us what it was like. Cora's nursery was our second bedroom.  I was doing a sort of Noah's Ark/animals theme.  Since I was in an apartment, I couldn't do any painting or anything so I bought 2 pastel yellow king sized sheets, cut them into strips and sewed them into a panel that I pinned onto one wall so there was a yellow accent wall.  I bought a collage framed and filled it with pictures of animals that we had taken at the San Diego Zoo and Yellowstone. Her crib had a Noah's Ark bedspread.

Did you have it ready for them before they were born? Yes I set up it all up with a friend when I was around 32 weeks pregnant.  I was so excited about it.

If so how did you cope coming home to it without your baby? It was hard to come home to an empty nursery.  My computer was in there too, as well as all my scrapbooking stuff, so before she was born I had spent a LOT of time in there.  So when I got home, I remember I went in there and just felt so...lost.  So empty.

Did you pack it all away? I couldn't bear to pack it all away.  It seemed like it would make the loss so much more final.

What is your baby's room now? We've since moved from that apartment, so that room is no longer ours.  I eventually got to the point where I just shut the door and pretended that room didn't exist, so it because a storage place for everything that was homeless.

If you are trying to conceive again, or are pregnant again how do you feel about setting up another room before your baby is born? It was really hard for me to set up another room for a baby.  Actually, we moved just a week after Erin was born, so I didn't really have to do it for her (because we moved to a smaller apartment, and only had one bedroom).  As it was, she stayed in a bassinet for 5 months because I couldn't bear to set up the crib again.

No comments:

Post a Comment