Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tangled Redux

When we went and saw Tangled in the theater, I loved it.  Even with the hard parts I made a post about.  But I loved it enough to buy it on Tuesday when it came out.


I sort of accidentally on purpose didn't watch the parts I mentioned in my previous post (I didn't necessarily make an effort not to, but it wasn't really completely accidental either).  But another part got me.


The witch stabbed Flynn/Eugene, and with his dying breath he cut Rapunzel's hair so that she would be free (and consequently couldn't heal him).  In grief, she sings her song:
Flower, gleam and glow.  Let your power shine.  Make the clock reverse: bring back what once was mine.  Heal what has been hurt.  Change the Fates' design.  Save what has been lost: bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.
Listening to the grief in her words just made that longing well up in me.  How amazing would it be to get that?  Even just for a moment.  I wish more than anything I could just have a moment with my Cora, to look into her eyes, see her smile, hear her laugh.




It's been stuck in my head for the past two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment