Thursday, August 25, 2011

Finally found a good answer...(pregnancy mentioned)

I was grocery shopping yesterday, and Erin announced to the cashier "Awwison will be born on Saturday!"  So then I had to explain to the cashier that yes, I was being induced on Saturday which naturally lead to the question of "oh, are you overdue?"  I hate having to explain.  I hate not acknowledging Cora though.  But then it came to me.

"No, I have a history of loss, so they don't let me go to my due date."

To which she responded, "oh, well it's good that they're keeping an eye on you then!"

I didn't have to explain the anxiety I get.  I didn't want to explain the dreams (like the one last night where I dreamed I had to explain to Erin why Allison wasn't coming home.  My first one like that this pregnancy.  Thankfully, Allison's being very active today!).  But apparently the answer I gave is a socially acceptable amount of information.  I hate more than anything how talking about a baby's death suddenly make conversation so awkward, but we were able to just continue on like I hadn't said anything horrible.  Now I know what to say for the next 2 days!

1 comment: