Friday, September 10, 2010

Crazy/cool/weird

I'm a Harry Potter fan.  I've always been an avid reader, so when I find a good series (I admit, it wasn't until the first movie was made that I started reading them), I sort of latch on.  I got really into the speculation and everything going on as the books were coming out, I went to midnight releases.  I sort of miss that, actually, I haven't found a series that really has that much hype about it...that is good anyway.

So, anyway, I finally got around to buying the bluray of Half Blood Prince this week.  Last night Matt opened it and we were watching the special features.  There was a documentary that was called "A Year in the Life of Jo Rowling."  I was enjoying it and everything.  She started drawing out a Weasley family tree of the kids and who they marry and who their children are.  She was talking about Bill and Fleur, and their daughter Victoire.  She explained that they named her that because she was born on the anniversary of the last battle with Voldemort.

And then she said "That was the 2nd of May, by the way."


I got the chills.

May 2nd.

Cora's birthday.

I don't know if I can adequately describe what it really means to me.  I mean, it's fiction.  I know that.  But...when reading it, that victory felt like my victory.  And for it to be such an important date to me...it's just strange.

1 comment: