Monday, January 17, 2011

As if I needed something more to worry over (pg ment)

I had my first OB appointment today.  When I went in last week for the ultrasound to make sure everything was okay after the bleeding, they also checked my progesterone.  I don't think I've ever had my progesterone checked before.  I got a call back saying my levels were a little low and I started prometrium.

Well, today going over the paperwork, she told me that they weren't just a little low, but they were quite low.  She wanted them around 20.  Mine was 9.7.

I had another ultrasound and everything looked good.  Great heartbeat, no other issues.  But I can't get that number out of my head.  I wish she hadn't told me.  It's one of those cases when too much information can be a bad thing.  In my mind I almost feel like it's a losing battle and it's just a matter of time.

This sucks. There's no other word for it.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. Oh Brittanie I'm so so sorry. Some women have progressively low progesterone every pg and just don't know it. I did and didn't know it until I was pg with R. I'm sending you good thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete