Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's different seeing it...

Matt and I went to go see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: pt 1 yesterday.  It was strange for me to wait this long, as I've seen all the others opening week.  Even for Half Blood Prince.  We found a babysitter for Erin and Patrick was young enough to go with us.  But this go around it was a little more difficult to find someone who would take both kids.  So it was really nice to get out.

I really enjoyed the movie.  I've read the book and I knew what to expect.  And I cried in all the same places, even though I was expecting it.  While reading the book, Dobby the House Elf's death took me by surprise, and I cried and cried.

Watching the movie, I started crying in anticipation.  But it was much harder to watch than I thought.  Not his death, actually, but as Harry was digging the grave.  Ron and Hermione carried Dobby's body, wrapped in a white shroud, up the hill, and it looked like they were carrying a child.  I'm not sure I would have thought that if I hadn't been through what I have, but I had to look away.  I just couldn't do it.  I cried for a totally different reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment