Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Real Cora Song

I've love the a capella group Insideout for a very long time.  Their album Primary Colors included the song "Lullaby" written for the son of one of the singers.  When I became pregnant with Cora, I memorized it.  I would spend hours listening to it.


Sun's last ray, light of day 
 Lazy sunset slips away
 Close your eyes, go to sleep
 Dream of Heaven, dream of peace
 Starry skies, moon's soft light
 Heaven keep you through the night
 Morning light brings the day
 Sun's first ray
I sang this song to Cora in the evenings when she'd wake up and kick me.  I sang it to her the day we spread her ashes.  And I sang it to both Erin and Patrick, both before their births and after.  I haven't started singing it to Skittles yet, but I will, probably when I start feeling regular movement.

I love this song, but it is inexplicably tied to Cora.  Every time I've sung it to my rainbows, I've done it in honor of Cora and all the times I didn't get to sing it to her.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is an absolutely beautiful song! Thanks so much for sharing it. It's just what I needed right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful song! <3

    ReplyDelete