Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My own flower pictures.

I had an iris that was just BEGGING to be written on.

But let me explain about irises first.  They have to be bearded irises, not dutch irises.  They're my favorite, partly because they're one of the only flowers I'm not allergic to, but I also just like them because they're pretty.  I had bearded irises in my wedding bouquet.  Before we moved to Vegas we had them EVERYWHERE.

We also always cut our own flowers (usually the irises since there were so many) to take to the cemetery on memorial day to put on on my great-grandmother's grave, and various other ancestors.  So they're also a sort of remembrance flower for me.  Which is probably why I had to write Cora's name on it (sadly, the rain washed it off mere minutes later).

1 comment:

  1. I love the color of that Iris. Of course I love Irises too

    ReplyDelete